About Blair’s Holiday Parks & the Role of General Manager, Castlewood Holiday Park, Antrim
Looking to step into a career which will be different every day, creating amazing memories at work?! Then why not consider applying for our Site Manager post at Blair’s Holiday Parks – based at our CastleWood Holiday Park, Antrim. You’ll be joining the most successful holiday park business in Ireland, proud to deliver 4 * and 5 * self- catering accommodation across 3 holiday parks in Portrush, and more recently our newly developing venture at CastleWood Holiday Park, Antrim.
With 4 Holiday Park locations with 900 privately owned holiday homes to self-catering luxury caravans with spa facilities, as well as touring sites, camping cabins, geo domes and camping sites – this is a role with a little more variety and life to it! Joining Blair’s Holiday Parks means opportunities for career progression and job satisfaction every step of the way! Not only will you be part of a highly motivated and ambitious team which always strives towards surpassing our customer’s expectation- you’ll enjoy some great work related perks too!
So, if you are hardworking, work well as part of a team, have high attention to detail, relish challenges and finding solutions and would look forward to helping deliver our #happystays ethos – then you’re for us!
Reporting to the General Manager – Blair’s Holiday Parks Group, you will manage and deliver all site and grounds maintenance activity, have direct responsibility for caravan sales at Castlewood, as well as lead the on- site team, in line with agreed plans, so that we achieve an outstanding environment for our guests, owners and staff teams.
You will also be required to work collaboratively with other key functions at CastleWood Holiday Park to ensure a high level of customer service is delivered.
You will be required to oversee and take responsibility for the day- day operations of our High Ropes Course, Short Term Rental Cleaning team and customer service team in the absence of respective departmental line managers and/or appropriate front facing representatives.
This is an extremely important role within our business and the experienced post holder will be responsible for making sure that Castlewood Holiday Park’s site, grounds and infrastructure areas are well maintained, so that our guests and owners can enjoy their #happystay comfortably.
You will help your team exceed our guests’ expectations with regards to all areas of our parks, external aspects of our buildings and entertainment venues, and site safety.
You will lead a team of general grounds maintenance operatives (full-time, part-time and seasonal), dependant on the need of the holiday parks as well as overseeing other staff as appropriate.
You will manage and motivate your team to deliver on our #happstays ethos and be responsible for maintaining the standards set by the company, complying with all company health and safety & HR policies.
Person Specification- The Type of Person We Need!
You will be a self-starter and ambitious, with a desire to drive continuous improvement within your areas of responsibility. You will have the ability to work well under pressure and find solutions to challenges. You will possess a high level of organisational skills, have excellent interpersonal and management skills, and have a high attention to detail. You will be responsible for setting the direction of your team’s day to day summer and winter works programmes, ensuring that they are driven to meeting targets, striving for continuous improvement so that all our guests, visitors and customers have great time with Blair’s Holiday Parks.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience and practical hands on work experience history in a similar role
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in a sales environment delivering on targets
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of team management or in leadership role- experience of training, appraising and developing a team
- Experience of working collaboratively with other core areas of the business to deliver company objectives
- Working knowledge, experience and Understanding of associated site maintenance health and safety policies
- Experience of budgetary control and implementation of cost control measures
- Proven track record of meeting operational targets and key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- In possession of full driving licence
- IT and computer literate
- Be flexible, adaptable and motivational
- Have a methodical and organised approach
- Experience in delivering excellent customer service
- Experience of working in holiday park industry or similar sector
- Experience of developing grounds maintenance improvement and quality control plan and procedures
- Experience of managing external supply chain and sub-contractor work specialists –(such as plumbing, electrical, gas engineer)
- Experience of managing and maintaining grounds related machinery and plant, as well as stock control
- Experience and working knowledge of delivering Risk Assessments and safe systems of works for areas of responsibility
- Experience of delivering site safety protocols and procedures
- Experience of matrix management
- Accredited health and safety training qualification of industry health
- Experience of recruitment and selection of staff as well as monitoring staff performance
How To Apply
If you meet our essential criteria and if you also have some attributes from our desirable criteria
Then we want to hear from you!
We are asking that all candidates download an application pack and fill out or Application Form and return on or before 5pm on Friday 25th November 2023
A full job description, application pack, as well as guidance notes can be downloaded or requested via email: