About Blair’s & the Role
Looking to step into a career which will be different every day, creating amazing memories at work?!
Then why not consider applying for our Management Accountant post at Blair’s Holiday Parks – based at our Hilltop Holiday Park, Antrim.
You’ll be joining the most successful holiday park business in Ireland, proud to deliver 4 * and 5 * self- catering accommodation across 3 holiday parks in Portrush, and more recently our newly developing venture at CastleWood Holiday Park, Antrim.
With 4 Holiday Park locations with 900 privately owned holiday homes to self-catering luxury caravans with spa facilities, as well as touring sites, camping cabins, geo domes and camping sites – this is a role with a little more variety and life to it!
Joining Blair’s Holiday Parks means opportunities for career progression and job satisfaction every step of the way! Not only will you be part of a highly motivated and ambitious team which always strives towards surpassing our customer’s expectation- you’ll enjoy some great work related perks too!
So, if you are hardworking, work well as part of a team, have high attention to detail, relish challenges and finding solutions and would look forward to helping deliver our #happystays ethos – then you’re for us!
The Management Accountant will be responsible for the delivery of a full range of finance, business support and accounting activities within the company.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Management Accountant will be responsible for overseeing the day to day financial transactions of the company including responsibility for the electronic and computerised accounting systems. The role will also be responsible for accounts reconciliation, and all financial reporting to managers, directors and the board.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a similar role accounting/ finance role
- Excellent numerical skills, and advanced Excel skills and experience
- Excellent IT skills (MS Office), with the ability to grasp a variety of platforms and systems quickly
- Experience of managing staff
- Strong commercial acumen with an analytical, strategic mindset and solid problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, and a high attention to detail
- Solid communication and relationship building skills
- Can-do attitude with a positive approach to problem-solving
- Collaborative approach to implementing changes and improvement to systems and processes
- Fully Qualified Accountant with a recognised accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) (essential)
- Experience of working within a finance function with responsibility for managing and processing accounting and financial information. (Minimum 3 years’ experience).
- Very good computer skills including modelling with excel and working with financial datasets.
- Ability to communicate with non-finance people in a clear and concise way.
- Strong demonstrable experience of having used financial and accounting tools and software
- Knowledge of financial forecasting and reporting, and tools used in these areas
- Solid understanding of financial regulations and legislations
- Experience in the tourism industry.
- Experience in the day-to-day use of Sage Accounts Packages
- Experience of dealing with and processing Sage Payroll (or equivalent software
For a full application pack- including detailed role and responsibility for Management Accountant, please download all information below